How to use V-MultiDisc – General tips
Before the first use, wash the four discs and the measuring spoon with hot water.
Preparation – Upcycling
- First select the desired type from your original Vertuo® or VertuoLine® capsules: Espresso, Double Espresso, Gran Lungo, Mug or Alto. The size of the capsule and the barcode on the edge of the lid determine the amount of water, pressure and temperature as well as rotation speed for the brewing process. If you want to increase the intensity of your espresso / coffee, simply stop the brewing process earlier by pressing the start / stop button. This works with any of the five capsule types.
Seemingly useless or CONSUMED natural resources are converted into new products and continue to be REUSED.
The right grind sizes for the five capsule types
- The best brewing result is obtained with freshly ground coffee or espresso beans. Grind the coffee beans yourself directly before filling the capsule or have your favorite bean grind at the right level at your coffee roaster. High-quality coffee grinders are also available in some supermarkets. If you buy coffee or espresso that has already been ground, keep in mind that ground coffee is available “coarse”, “medium” and “fine” ground.
- For the two capsules “Espresso” and “Double Espresso”, the espresso beans should be ground “very fine”. The espresso flows very slowly into the cup and has an intense taste, depending on the roast of the bean.
- If you prefer a slightly lighter coffee taste, fill the capsule types “Gran Lungo” or “Mug” with coffee or espresso beans that are “finely” ground. With these capsule types, the coffee also flows faster into the (large) cup.
- If you want to enjoy a larger cup of light coffee, use “medium” ground coffee to refill the capsule “Alto”.