How to use GUSTO PURO
Before first use, rinse capsule, lid and measuring scoop with hot water.
Get your own coffee in the right level of fineness
- For Espresso use “fine” ground or “very fine” ground espresso to refill your GUSTO PURO.
- For Lungo or Grande use “medium” to “fine” ground coffee.
- If the coffee is ground to fine, the machine will not start or stop the brewing process.
- If the coffee is too watery, use finer ground coffee.
- Get freshly ground coffee or espresso simply at your local coffee shop or coffee roaster: Open a Dolce Gusto disposable capsule and show the ground coffee as reference for the right level of fineness to your coffee roaster or coffee shop.
- If you prefer to buy ground coffee, consider that the level of grinding varies from “coarse”, “medium” and “fine” ground coffee.
Fill the capsule with 8 grams ground coffee.
- The accompanying measuring scoop fits perfectly into the capsule. Place the coated full measuring spoon into the capsule and turn the spoon around.
- Use the measuring line in the capsule as a reference for the right quantity of ground coffee. Therefore, tap the filled capsule tightly so that the ground coffee settles evenly.
- Do not tamp the ground coffee.
- If you find water and coffee ground on the lid after the brewing process, too much coffee was filled into the capsule.
- After refilling, seal the soft vacuum lid by pressing it onto the capsule with your flat hand.
Put the filled and closed capsule in the drawer of your Nescafé Dolce Gusto machine
- Make sure that the hole in the lid is at the 6-o’clock-position
- Use the marks on the lid for exact positioning.
- If the hole in the lid is not in the right position the machine will not start the brewing process.
Start the brewing process
CAREFUL! The capsule is hot after use.
Clean after every use: